Cucumber Cheese Chutney Sandwich …..I know it sounds to long but this is a super simple sandwich to make and I’m sure it will be a super hit in your family too.
I’ve been making this sandwich for a very long time for my husband. He eats this sandwich with variations of the chutney also everyday for breakfast. He tells me that this is an absolutely delicious sandwich and is completely filling. This sandwich taste best with Green Coriander Chutney.
I’ve also made this same sandwich in a more child friendly version for my kids. Sometime the taste of chutney is not so appealing to kids so I change it up with ketchup and add in other vegetables and grill it.
This sandwich is a great idea for breakfast or lunch and can be made the night before and kept in the fridge if you have no time in the morning. This sandwich also taste great when it is grilled…the taste of toasted bread and melted cheese is just divine !
Prep Time: 10 mins
- 2 slices of Rye Bread ( use any choose of bread you like)
- 15-20 thin slices of cucumber (leave the skin on the cucumber)
- 2 slices of cheese ( I used marble cheddar cheese)
- Fresh Green Coriander Chutney
- Butter (makhan) or Margarine (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Spread butter/margarine on both slices of bread and on top of that spread fresh green coriander chutney.
- On one slice of the bread layout the sliced cucumber to cover the complete bread slice.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to your taste.
- Place the 2 slices of cheese on top of the cucumber side by side and cover with the other slice of bread.
- Cut in half. Repeat these step to make more sandwiches.
- This sandwich can be grilled if eating right away.
- If you like this sandwich a bit more spicier then spread a layer of green chilli paste on top of the green chutney.
- Cheese is optional and can be eaten with any choice of cheese you prefer.
- Preferably use a firm texture bread like; rye bread, multigrain bread or another whole wheat bread that is more firm in texture. White bread is okay to us if you will be eating the sandwich right away. Chutney will make the sandwich soggy if left for a longer period of time.