Here’s a smoothie that’s definitely a must try …its packed with health and energy immune bursting ingredients. Make this on the go for the morning breakfast or an afternoon snack. Doesn’t matter when you drink it…..cause the benefits of drinking will definitely bring results.
I’ve always used Turmeric for cooking, common cold and flu herbal drinks but, now I’ve been adding it to some of my smoothies and it’s been a success! Turmeric is an actual root that has many benefits like:
- Potent Anti-Inflammatory – At the root of most health issues you’ll find inflammation, whose reduction goes along way in alleviating symptoms.
- Aids Weight Loss – By helping increase the flow of bile, an important factor in digesting dietary fat. Also helps the liver detoxify.
- Anti-Cancerous Properties – Turmeric helps prevent and destroy cancer cells.
- Powerful Antioxidant – Potent free-radical quencher.
- Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Viral, and Anti-Fungal – Perfect when colds or the flu strike.
- Skin Health – Promotes healthy skin and can reduce skin problems.
- Helps With – Turmeric has been implicated in helping relieve and stave off: Alzheimer’s disease, arthritis, asthma, cancer, diabetes, and depression.
Another ingredient that I’ve used is “Flaxseeds” this is also a super food and contains all sorts of health benefits but some of the key benefits are:
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids, “good” fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects. Each tablespoon of ground flaxseed contains about 1.8 grams of plant omega-3s.
- Fiber. Flaxseed contains both the soluble and insoluble types.
Flaxseeds can be used in smoothies or juices and also they are commonly used in baking as a substitute for eggs. Flaxseeds come in a tiny seed form and also available in powder form for easy use in baking and smoothies.
Turmeric comes in many form …..like the actual root, Turmeric powder also called “Haldi” in Hindi, liquid drops. Turmeric and Flaxseeds are easily found in grocery stores or Natural Health food stores now a days. It’s always good to have these two on hand for your everyday use.
Thank you for reading the post….please drop your valuable comments or suggestions.. it really motivates me…Also If you liked this post, please do read my other posts also.